Iron Dreams

Friday, September 10, 2004

This Blog

I started this blog to keep the IMCdA specific topics away from my regular blog.

This is for two reasons. One is I plan to blog a lot of detail about how the training is going. Heart rates, time, distances, links to maps, hours I sleep, swim, bike, run, strength training, etc. Plus, some nutritional information, and my weight and percentage body fat on a weekly basis. In other words, mind-numbing detail for non triathletes. Heck, it will probably be very dull for even the triathletes! ;)

Second, for now I want to avoid the scrutiny and pressure of having a bunch of people know. My friend Krisanne would say, using a baseball analogy, "Don't talk about the no-hitter". Perhaps a movie analogy is appropriate: "The first rule of the ironman is there is no ironman." I'm just going to quietly train and leave it at that. I'm not going to mention this blog to anyone other than a few people also in on it. So if you are reading this you know. I just toggled the public setting on this blog - it is available, but not linked to from my profile or listed on the blogspot index.

I have a few general training topics to cover, and then the blog will slip into training log mode. So for a bit it will just be me trying to describe what I'm aiming for and how I plan to accomplish it.

Anyway, IMCdA isn't until June 26, 2005 so I have a lot of time for planning and execution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home