Iron Dreams

Monday, November 08, 2004

CompuTrainer Idea

Now that I have a CompuTrainer, I'm planning various ways to use it. Of course, I need to set it up and try out the various functions, and I might not get around to that until tomorrow evening.

There is an interesting feature of the Pro 3D software:
A second PC compatible Pro Basic CompuTrainer may also be incorporated for head to head racing

-from CompuTrainer Pro 3D description

Rather than race each other, T2 and I could use this to ride a simulated course together. Say... the IMAZ or IMCdA bike course. Both those courses are double loops, so it would be a nice workout to ride half of it, or some shorter portion as we build endurance.

CompuTrainer also makes specific multi-rider software, which allows up to 8 people to compete head-to-head. It appears you can just download the multi-rider software for free and run the time-trial course, with a display similar to a horse race. If you register the software, then you can run other courses. I'm not sure this will be that useful as we aren't really going to be racing each other.

I also need to try out various permutations of my computer and A/V equipment. This may need to wait until I return from vacation.

1 Comments:

  • I'm sure we'll all be spinning together sometime. I just know the weather will be extra crappy for a few weekends over the upcoming months, yet we will need to do a workout. When you are over, you can try out the computrainer!

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home