Iron Dreams

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Run 11/3

I made a friend, CD, at a running party last Friday, and we arranged to meet for an easy track workout at Lake Washington High School with our running club. We let the fast runners go ahead, and alternated running and walking, and talked most of the time. My monitor didn't record my heart rate, but I'm pretty sure I kept it under 70% the whole time. I lost track of the number of laps we did - I believe it worked out to 3 miles, in about 35:30.

I mentioned to CD that my goal was to build endurance and that I really wasn't intent on a true speed workout. CD was fine with this. I let CD set the pace and we ran on the outside lanes of the track.

The track run was really nice - nice spongy surface and well lit. Of course, doing a long run on the track would probably get boring, but it was just fine tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home