Iron Dreams

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Run 12/19

This morning was the 12 K's of Christmas run in Kirkland. Unlike yesterday, this morning was cold, windy, and rainy. The course was also moderately hilly, and combined with the fact I didn't sleep too well, my heart rate was out of my target zone. Mostly, I just wanted to finish and get out of the cold and rain, so I pushed a little harder than I planned to.

The run started at the Kirkland marina, did and out-and-back loop up and down a hill, and then the minor climb toward I-405. We turned right and hit the hilly portion of the course, ultimately winding up on Lakeview boulevard for the flat finish.

This was a fun time, despite the weather. I did about 1:06:37 by my watch (8:57 min/mile pace), 1:07:19 official time, which I was happy with.

Check out the course elevation, taken from my heart rate monitor:


heart rate 041219


The best thing about this race was I wore my very stylish present from T2: "Happy Holiday" running socks. That's worth at least a few minutes right there. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home