Iron Dreams

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Rest 11/9

In all honesty, I'm probably not going to get any exercise done this week. I had a few errands I needed to run during lunch, so no swim, and in the evening I was busy trying to take care of a few things before vacation.

I just setup the CompuTrainer I bought, which was pretty easy. I mounted the handlebar unit, velcroed the cadence magnet on, and connected the power supply. Since my training bike is still in the shop, I only want to attach the cadence magnet in an easily removable fashion.

All I've done so far is try the calibration process: pedal to 12 mph, pedal faster to 25 mph, and then stop pedaling and coast to a stop. After that, the handlebar unit showed a new calibration number, indicating success. From then on, I was able to increase the resistance in increments of 5 watts, so I moved it up/back just to feel the load. I think it is all working! When pedaling the handlebar unit shows speed and power load in watts.

I bought a replacement cable (dual 1/8" stereo minijack) so I can hook up to a computer. Unfortunately, the longest one at Radio Shack was only 6 feet long, so I might end up ordering a cable from CompuTrainer, since they have a 50 foot cable. That will stretch across the room a few times!

Next up is connecting to a computer, installing the 3D software, and trying that out. I think I'll end up doing that when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home