Iron Dreams

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Run 3/9

I took it easy and did 34 minutes along the SRT. It was dark, so I didn't want to deal with the Forerunner - it apparently doesn't have a backlight. EDIT: yes it does, it is the power button. I didn't try that one for fear of shutting it down! According to TOPO it was 3.4 miles. I didn't go far as I am still hesitant about my toe; however it felt fine and Saturday I will do a longer trail run. I'm also breaking in new shoes so that might contribute as well.

I didn't get out and run until about 7 pm, and by then it was dark. The trail was quiet and peaceful - just me and the sound of a million frogs. I was passed by a total of 4 bikes, each with blinkers and headlights. I'm not sure how far the riders were going, but it was way too dark for me, I wouldn't want to be out there at that time.

The run south was hard, because my eyes didn't adjust - there were a lot of lights in the distance to the west, where the businesses are. The way back there was much less background light, since the residential areas were ahead, and my eyes did adjust. This made it less spooky!

1 Comments:

  • Well Francesca... I had a blue jacket, white hat, and my yellow reflective chest strap. I ran from 60 acres to 90th (the big white bridge) and back. So if you passed a south-bound runner in the section, maybe it was me! ;)

    And Alexandra... that would be so romantic. You two could hide in the tall grass, stargaze, listen to the frogs, and make fun of others exercising in the darkness. :P

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home