Iron Dreams

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Brick 4/16

I'm not sure how to record this, so I'll just go on time. JHS suggested we do one of her coach's brick sessions, so T1 and JHS met at my house and we set up. I popped in The Incredibles which played while we worked out.

JHS had a printout for a rather complicated brick session - it involved a lot of shifting around on the gears, interspersed with short runs and crunches and push-ups. JHS called out the directions, and we followed. The description of the workout was three printed pages! We did things like pyramid sets (shift up and down at fixed intervals), single leg sets (unclip on leg while pedaling circles with the other), up/down sets (stand up and pedal for intervals), and then broke to rehydrate and run outside for a few minutes.

We worked out a total of 4 hours, but my bike computer said 42.9 miles in 2:43. I'm not sure where the other 1:17 went, because I didn't think the short runs and core work took that much time. But, maybe they did.

It was fun though, certainly a lot of variety. Part of the reason we did this workout was fear of rain. Plus, JHS and I intend to join Cascade tomorrow for a ride so we figured getting rained on one day is better than two. But I think the weather held and we would have been OK outside. Oh well, hopefully we'll get lucky and be dry during our ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home