Iron Dreams

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Bike 5/28

For some additional info, see the post on my regular blog.

My bike computer said 48.3 miles in 3:20. But, I stopped it every time we stopped and walked (for example, in the Ballard Locks, or on Bainbridge when we stopped at a bakery). Of course, I didn't always remember to start it again... same thing with my heart rate monitor. Basically, I should just let the bike computer and/or heart rate monitor run the whole time.

For example, CP's bike computer said 50.3 miles, and he let it run the whole time. When T2 and SO got back to T2's house, they rode back and forth on the street for another block so SO's bike computer would read an even 50 miles.

Anyway, we're all just wanting to get accurate distances. ;)

1 Comments:

  • That's the problem with my HRM, I forget to start it up again. ;)

    The bike computer keeps two times: elapsed time, and ride time. Once the computer is started, elapsed time increments unless stopped. If elapsed time is incrementing, then ride time will increment if the computer detects motion - i.e. the magnet on the spokes goes by the sensor. So I stopped the computer because I didn't want the ride time to increment while we were walking through the locks, but I forgot to start it and lost ~1.5 miles of distance.

    During tomorrow's ride, I'm just going to let it go the entire time. :)

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home