Iron Dreams

Monday, May 23, 2005

Swim 5/23

I planned to do drills today, after talking to my friend CB and hearing about some lessons CB signed up for - I realized I hadn't done drills in a while. So I warmed up with 4x100 fist gloves, and started on a 1x400 drill set: slow strokes, paying extra attention to high elbow, dragging fingers through the water, body roll, etc.

I consistently crossed the pool in 15 strokes, and was expecting it to be slow. It was, but not by much - my 50 yards times worked out to be just under 1 minute - 7:53 for 400 yard for example.

Anyway, midway through the 2nd set I developed a minor headache, it felt sorta like ones I get when I'm tired and slightly dehydrated. I'm pretty good about getting out there to train, but also know when to cut it short. I finished up with a slow 400 yards and stopped for the day. Maybe I'll try again on Friday, after getting more rest and drinking more beforehand.

Total: 1200 yards in about 25 minutes.

1 Comments:

  • Oh, I bet you could swim 25 yards in 15 strokes easily - it will just be a slower time that your usual. Hm... I'll make an entry and describe what it is like.

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home