Iron Dreams

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Swim 5/18

This evening was my first open water swim of the season. I drove to Martha Lake to meet with a group at 6:30, but I arrived a few minutes late and wound up swimming half the time they did - only 15 minutes. But, it was still worthwhile to try out my brand new Ironman Instinct fullsuit, which arrived on Monday! The suit fit great, and I really appreciated the warmth because the lake was cold.

The group is planning to swim both Wednesdays and Thursday through the summer. I plan to go once a week, but this week I am considering both days, only because I didn't get much time in today.

Today there were only 5 of us total, but it was also overcast and drizzling, so only the diehards were out there. ;)

1 Comments:

  • Well, I read the water at IMCdA is typically on the chilly side, so I wanted a full sleeved suit, and I am usually cold in the water anyway. Besides, my sleeveless is 3 years old.

    I decided to try Ironman Wetsuits because the lower tier Instinct gets good reviews, has the fancy Yamamoto rubber and VO2 panels, and is only $40 more than Promotion's fullsuit. Orca's comparative Speedsuit was $20 more than the Instinct.

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home