Iron Dreams

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Quick Takes

  • First, I'm still sore from the minimal strength training I did over the weekend! Particulary my pecs and triceps. This just reinforces the fact I must make extra effort to strength train.

    When I worked with a trainer, I had three one hour sessions a week. I don't think I'll be able to spend that much time in the gym - I may only be able to do a single one hour full body workout per week. That isn't much, but I think it will be better than nothing. After all, with the trainer we would just hit muscle groups once a week (legs one day, arms one day, shoulder/back one day) so in effect I was training a particular area once a week. I'll see how scheduling goes.

  • Second, for motivation I searched the forums at Tri-Newbies Online looking for Ironman CdA race reports. I found and printed out several, and am reading through them to glean whatever information and inspiration I can.

  • Third, I rode my bike to work today. Granted, it isn't very far and I didn't stay in aero for long, but I think my minor fit issues can be resolved by bringing in the aerobar stem a bit, lowering the seat post slightly, and possibly getting a different saddle.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home