Iron Dreams

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Run 12/4

It has been forever since I've done any exercise, other than hikes, so I was looking forward to running this morning.

Anyway, getting up was sluggish, as it was gloomy at 7:30 am. I got ready and drove over to the Redmond Watershed for a club run. I was in a hurry and forgot my heart rate monitor, and it felt odd not having it.

I settled into a slow pace with L, a friend who is recovering from the Seattle Marathon. I was a bit surprised to see L there, but happy as L is a great slow pace runner, and I am all about keeping my heart rate down for now. We talked and slowed to a walk a few times, which is understandable because as I mentioned, L ran a marathon last Sunday! Since I have no idea how much time it took I'll just say a nice round 60 minutes for 5 miles.

L talked about the upcoming Christmas half-marathon in Olympia, at Millersylvania park, and was gauging my interest. I know I can do it, slowly of course, and it might be fun to just show up and have no major time goals. Sort of a supported training day. Some others from ESR might carpool down so I'm thinking I'll go.

Ironically, the Christmas half-marathon is where I set my own half mary PR, but let's just say that ain't happening this time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home