Iron Dreams

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Bike 1/29

I met up with T1 and T2 and we rode outside. It was the first time I've been outside on a bike in weeks, and of course even longer since I've had my road bike!

It ran great, shifted through all the gears smoothly, and was comfy. I find the road position more comfortable than aero position, but the trade off is stiff/sore hands and wrists. I think I would be better off in road position because I can stretch my hands and do wrist rotations every once in a while - I'm not sure what I can do about my lower back and neck in the aero position. It just isn't as easy to stretch those areas while on the bike.

The ergonomic saddle felt OK also, but it was a little stiff as I found out towards the end of the ride. I wore my race shorts, which have a thinner pad, so that might have been part of it.

My bike computer wasn't working (is there ever a time when EVERYTHING is working?!) so I'm not sure exactly how far or how long we went. I think we rode about 2:00, and from TOPO, the distance was around 26 miles.

I bought some clip-on fenders, as it was a little wet outside. They aren't the full ones, but should be better than nothing. I'll also fiddle with the bike computer - perhaps the sensor magnet is out of place. I definitely want the bike computer to work, as I like to know speed and distance. Later, it will be important to see if holding 15-16 mph for several hours is a reasonable goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home