Iron Dreams

Monday, January 24, 2005

Swim 1/24

For today's swim workout I decided to do do some yards wearing fist gloves. These gloves basically make you swim while your hands are balled up into fists. It is tough but does force you to pay attention to balance and technique.

I did 1200 yards in about 45 minutes: 750 yards with fist gloves (approx 31 mins) and 450 yards regular (approx 14 minutes).

I take about 21 or 22 strokes per length with fist gloves; 18 or 19 per length without, and each length took less time. I plan to work in some fist-gloves drills every session - it'll be my warmup, so to speak. I find it harder to breathe with fist-gloves, and this must be because of altered balance in the water. Or what might be happening is I scull slightly with my outstreched hand, as I breathe. So this practice should help me breathe more efficiently as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home