Iron Dreams

Monday, January 17, 2005

Run 1/16

Houston half-marathon - for a little more info see my regular blog.

13.1 miles in 2:02:26 (chip time). Ran harder than I intended, but I notice that during an event, this is always the case. For an IM, I will absolutely need to keep a lid on it as going too hard will be destructive.

I'm sore in all the usual places - left hip, right ankle and achilles tendon. I'll be stretching and so forth tonight. Maybe I'll hit the pool Tuesday (tomorrow is a travel day and will wipe out my swim time) and that will certainly help.

I hit the 10 mile marker between 1:33 and 1:34, and knew then that breaking 2 hours would be really tough - I'd have to up my pace to do a 26 minute 5K, and I was feeling a bit tired/sore from running on the street. So I decided to just coast on in and enjoy it.

This event supplies 5K and 10K splits: my 5K time was 29:53 and my 10K time was 58:44. I was 216/455 in my division.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home