Iron Dreams

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Run 1/22

Ran with ESR in Mill Creek - 4.3 miles in 44:00 minutes. I ran with my friend CD and we chatted most of the way. Overall it was an easy pace, but I could have done easier as my heart rate snuck above 80% once or twice.

My right calf is sore, so I'll stretch it out. This past week was unusual as I ran three times: one long run (half marathon), one hard run (Wednesday's ESR run), and this one. So my calf might be sore as this has been quite a bit. On the other hand, when I get back into the gym maybe I need to do some calf raises. ;)

CD talked about doing the Whidbey Island half-marathon in April. It interests me, because I've heard it is beautiful, but this probably isn't the right year for me to do it. I don't want to go overboard on running. In fact, I need to carefully think about recovery from a half-marathon - this week was bad because I haven't been on the bike at all. Part of that was time spent traveling, and I was really tired the last two days. Anyway, I have another half coming up in February and I need to make sure it doesn't disrupt bike training. My plan for the February half mary is to recover by swimming the following day (Monday), taking a rest day (Tuesday), and then biking Wednesday through Friday.

For now, no more running until next Saturday! It will be all about the bike until then.

1 Comments:

  • Bike, bike, bike!!

    I think both of us tend to fall back on our strengths (you/run, me/swim) when we want to throw an extra workout in. But, concentrate on the bike and all will be good come June. You're definitely in good running shape already!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home