Iron Dreams

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Run 1/19

My running club planned to meet for pizza after the Wednesday night run, to celebrate some birthdays. That sounded fun so I decided to show up. It was my Wednesday night run from this location (there is another group that meets for a track workout and I attended that once).

I was expecting an easy run back and forth along with Sammamish River Trail, because the meeting place was the Foot Zone at Redmond Town Center. If not easy, perhaps a run through the downtown area, which is pretty flat. Basically, I was just looking for an easy run but nooooo, I got a lot more than that! In fact, it was probably a textbook example of how not to recover after a recent event.

First, I found myself with the "fast" group, the kind of folks who do extra distance whenever possible. Since I hadn't been on the route before, I had to keep up. I was off the pace a bit, but with the various streetlights, I was able to catch up. Or, they were nice and waited for me.

Second, the route was hilly! We ran from RTC to Old Redmond Road, climbed the hill to 148th, ran down to 520, and then back to RTC on the path next to 520.

Here is my heart rate data:

heart rate 050119


The sudden dips in heart rate correspond to traffic lights - I stopped my HR monitor while waiting. Note the nice long hill at the start of the run.

Total time was 1:09:00, and according to TOPO, the total distance was 7.2 miles.

The route

hr data


I'm planning to run this Saturday as well, largely because another friend CD mailed and asked if I would attend. I am absolutely, positively, running easy on Saturday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home