Iron Dreams

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Rest 2/4

I'm still a bit shocked from the news at work, so my plan is to get some good bike rides in over the weekend, and run tomorrow as well.

Naturally, I've already thought about how relocation will affect my IM plans. Bottom line is: very likely. Time will run short on the weekends, and I'll have some extra travel between now and April. I can only see maintaining a skeleton training schedule during the move, so this could be very disruptive.

Plus, now I'll need to fly back for the event itself, and get a rental car for my time back in the Pacific Northwest. At a minimum that will add $500 to the total cost...

I suppose right now I don't need to worry about it too much. Sometime in April or May I'll see where I am and make the call then. Florida does have an ironman, but I thought it was going away. Plus, the swim is in the ocean, and that means salt water, which chafes skin and tastes terrible. There is an iron distance event in nearby Clermont (Great Floridian) - I might be interested in the half-iron distance if IMCdA just isn't possible for me.

Well, I read tri message boards and see people having to withdraw for this very reason all the time. I still have time so it might still work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home