Iron Dreams

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Weekend Bike Rides

This weekend is Chilly Hilly, a fun hilly ride around Bainbridge Island. I'm planning on doing it with some friends - we the survivors of the infamous rainy bike ride - and JHS who will join us this time.

If Chilly Hilly weren't on Sunday, I'd take advantage of the perfect weather and try for a 60 or 70 mile ride on Saturday. But then I'd probably be tired for Chilly Hilly.

One possibility is doing 50 miles on Saturday, and then the 33 of Chilly Hilly on Sunday. Or, a shorter ride Saturday, and two loops of Chilly Hilly - possibly shortcutting the second loop by 12 or so miles. Or, just going bananas on Saturday and hanging on for dear life on Sunday, and resting Monday and Tuesday. :)

T2 and I have been exchanging emails, trying to plan out some workouts on the weekend. I realize I'm probably freaking out and piling on bike workouts for several reasons:

  1. I missed around a week of biking due to a trip to Florida.
  2. My toe hurt; over the weekend I didn't do anything. I haven't run for a week.
  3. I can't swim this week because it is mid-winter break, and the high school pool I swim at is closed.
  4. The weather has been amazing; it seems like a shame to "waste" it.

So the result is I'm trying to get whatever biking in I can. I haven't looked at the training plan lately. I need to check it and see where I'm supposed to be. Maybe I'm getting anxious over nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home