Iron Dreams

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Lazy

I'm feeling lazy... I have some friends who want to day trip to Whistler tomorrow, and I am tempted to go. Reasons to go: I only got out once snowboarding this season, I'd get to sleep much of the way, my volleyball match was cancelled. Reasons not to go: I'd miss a whole day of training and I really need to bike, I'd miss spectating at the Mercer Island half, I have housework to catch up on.

And now, instead of hopping on the trainer and cranking out 2 hours, grabbing dinner, and packing up so I can get up super early tomorrow, I just want to rest and watch TV.

I just checked the schedule, and for the 10th week I am supposed to do a brick: 2 hour bike and 1 hour run. Well I did the run this morning so if I can get motivated to do 2 hours on the trainer... I'll convince myself that skipping tomorrow is OK. Wow, I just checked again, the GB plan is light for this week - just two of everything: 2 swims, 2 runs, 2 bikes, 2 days off (since I am currently skipping strength training). Huh. I think I can actually do this - I'll feel guilty and spend some time convincing myself not to be. :)

This is the downside of IM training. I'm in decent shape for an oly, and with a bit of effort could get to half iron. The full is another level of time/stress scheduling the workouts and getting them done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home