Iron Dreams

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Run 3/23

Nice late afternoon/early evening run along the SRT. 7.6 miles, from 60 Acres Park to Wilmot Gateway and back, in 1:15.

The cool thing was I kept my heart rate right at 70% the whole time (155 beats/min for me). It worked out to a 9:55 mile, which I am happy with. Back in September I did a 70% run (midway down on here) which worked out to an 11:00 mile. The rule of thumb is the aerobic pace is about 2 min/mile slower than race pace. Of course, I'm not planning on running IMCdA anywhere that.

Midway, I ate one Gu, since I wanted to see how it would affect me. The good news is it seemed to digest well - I was worried it would kinda hit my stomach like a rock. Still, I have a feeling that for the run, I'll be more of a liquid nutrition person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home