Iron Dreams

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Checking out the bike course

I scoped out part of the course, along some of the rolling hills towards Post Falls. I rode out-and-back for 44 minutes. I'm not sure of the distance because my bike computer stopped reading at 6.1 miles and 27:03. Aftger getting back to my hotel, I jiggled the magnet around a little and now it seems to be working fine.

I'd like the computer to read throughout the event, mostly because I'd like to know my speed. Time is important as well, and that will definitely work. Distance would be nice but I have a feeling the course will be pretty well marked.

I'm glad I did this - when I started out and mounted my bike, my leg got caught on the water bottles which stick up behind my saddle. I have a new X Lab Flatwing hydration system (space for 2 water bottles, 2 CO2 cartridges, 1 mini CO2 pump, and 2 velcro straps meant for holding inner tubes) I had installed on Monday's tune-up, and my leg clipped it and I fell. Minor issue, but I'll be sure to mount carefully after the swim - I'd hate to stumble with tons of spectators around. ;)

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, get that worked out before splatting on your face Sunday in front of a couple thousand spectators. We'll love you no matter what but please, don't embarass us ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • Doh!

    Good thing you worked out the bugs pre-race. :)

    Rest up, fuel up, and I'll be cheering for you on Sunday from Chicago.

    -C

    By Blogger Chris Parker, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home