Iron Dreams

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Sammamish River Trail Run (Base)

I ran after work, 5 miles along the SRT which is flat. The goal was to establish a baseline - how long it takes when I keep my heart rate below 70%.

Results: 5 miles in 55 minutes, for an 11 minute/mile. I thought it would be a little faster as this trail was flat compared to the power trail, but then I had a triathlon just 2 days ago and may still be recovering.

Also, it is tricky keeping my heart rate under 70%. Well, actually the problem is keeping it close to 70%. Under is easy, sometime I'll glance at my HRM and notice my heart rate has slipped to 60% to 65%. This isn't bad, but skews the results slower. Plus, it was pretty dark for the last half of the run and I couldn't see the HRM without punching a button for the backlight.

Again, no big deal. This is just early season information gathering. As I do this more and more perhaps I'll find the magic cadence and/or rhythm that keeps my heart rate steady at just under 70%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home