Iron Dreams

Friday, September 24, 2004

Power Trail Run (Base)

T2 and I are planning to do it "right" by building base before entering the training plan. This means slow and easy miles, especially for running. We both have heart rate monitors and will be keeping runs in the aerobic zone.

For me, that works out to be about 155 beats per minute or less. I went out to the power trail and did my out-and-back, with the goal of staying aerobic. Since there are a few good hills, I told myself I would slow down when I had to, and walk when my heart rate climbed over 160.

Overall I think I did pretty well staying in the right zone. Obviously, the flatter the course, the easier it is. I plan to run all my usual routes over the next few weeks, staying entirely within the aerobic zone for all of them. This will establish my baseline and it will be interesting to compare against later, to see if I get faster while staying aerobic.

Anyway, today's aerobic run on the power trail was 3.9 miles in 0:45:54. That works out to an 11:46 min/mile. Sounds slow, doesn't it? :)

1 Comments:

  • Yup, you'll be kicking my ass on the run big time. To stay in my projected overdistance range, I'm runnin 1-1.5 minutes slower than you are!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home