Iron Dreams

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Wetsuit Upgrade?

Another purchase I am considering is a wetsuit.

My current wetsuit is a ProMotion shortie, and it has served me well through three seasons. But, I think it is time to get a full suit as well, and possibly consider updating my sleeveless.

I've been happy with the ProMotion wetsuit, and would consider their newer models: the fullsuit and the sleeveless.

Another wetsuit in contention is the Ironman Instinct fullsuit. Sure, a Stealth suit would be even nicer, but at my swimming ability, it is overkill.

Full-sleeve wetsuits provide more flotation and warmth, but can also feel claustrophobic. I've never worn a fullsuit, I just know I sometimes get cold during the swim. As a stopgap, I have sleeves for my wetsuit, but I wouldn't wear those in an event. They move around a bit and since they are separate from the rest of the suit, they are a bit tricky to remove.

Fortunately, I can delay this purchase for quite some time. The open water swimming season is just about over, so I don't really need to buy a new wetsuit until April or May of next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home