Iron Dreams

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Run 10/24

This morning was the Dawg Dash, a 5K/10K put on the the UW Alumni Association. It is a fun race that winds through campus. The exact route has changed every year I've run it. It is a challenging course, since it involves a few stairs, and is uphill on the way out.

T1, T2, EN, MM, and myself met beforehand. We all ran our own pace, except I decided to run with EN, who is a bit faster than myself. So, I let EN set the pace: I finished in 24:02, and EN finished a few seconds ahead.

This is my 5K PR, so I am pretty happy. What I do know is I won't be doing much training at that pace, ironman training is all about endurance and not speed. But I thought for the occasional 5K it is OK. Plus, this was my first event as a 36 year old (sigh...) and I thought I could at least try to do my very best at it.

I'll see what the official chip time says when results are up. It would really be cool to come in at 23:59 so I could then say I did sub-24 minute 5K!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home