Iron Dreams

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Swim 10/19

I thought I would have to move my swim to tomorrow, because I had a 1 pm meeting and just couldn't get away early enough to make it to the pool.

But, a few minutes before noon, the meeting was cancelled. So I drove over the Juanita Pool at Juanita High School, and swam 1000 yards in about 30 minutes. I did some easy laps, and I felt a bit tired and I realize my swim fitness has degraded. (Hard to imagine, I know!)

My swims for the last two months have been all open-water, and in a few ways it felt good to get back in the pool.

2 Comments:

  • I read on the JHS site that you can rent the pool on weekends - it's pretty cheap too! We should have a pool party!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

  • That would be fun. If we got enough people we could play water polo in the shallow end. ;)
    I've thought about sending mail to gauge interest in a "Total Immersion" style weekly workout. Not coached, more like Masters swimming except with TI drills.

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home