Iron Dreams

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Training Bike Update

I talked to my bike mechanic and he says what I want done should be possible. I mentioned this in an earlier post but in summary I want to be able to swap between regular cranks and power cranks without changing the bottom bracket. I'm also upgrading most components to ultegra.

More importantly, he promises the bike next week, possibly even on Monday. I'll believe it when I see it. He does good work but I definitely need to call him weekly and bug him to stay on schedule.

JHS mailed and noted nobody came out to ride last Sunday. It was a busy day so I couldn't do it, but I am thinking about doing a short ride this Sunday. It would be less that ideal as it might rain, and I can't put fenders on my racing bike. (Hence, I want my training bike back!) Part of the reason I want to ride with JHS this weekend is to reinforce the idea that we (me, T1, T2) were serious about doing some training rides. JHS sent mail and probably got a lot of "yeah, sounds great" responses, but might be discouraged at the fact nobody (not even anybody from the tri club) came out. However, it is early still and we'll be ramping up training starting in December. Plus, it is good to take a break at the end of the season so JHS should expect a bit of laziness. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home