Iron Dreams

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Tracking Nutrition

I'd like to track my nutrition. I'm not sure if I would keep it up permanently, but I think tracking nutrition for a few days or weeks would be very illuminating. I think I eat OK, but I'd like to track it and find out.

I have a friend, SM, who once recommended Balance Log. SM used it to help lose some weight, using the very simple plan of running a calorie deficit - burning off more via exercise than taking in through meals. I'm not planning to lose weight, I'd just like to find out if my mix of carbs/fat/protein is good enough or could use some adjustment.

BalanceLog doesn't have a PocketPC version, but maybe they will create one. I checked on Handango and downloaded a few diet trackers for the PocketPC, and I plan to try them all out.

A PocketPC version would be handy for spot checks on food items, but realistically I'd prefer to use a PC version. Of course, one that works on both and can sync would be the best choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home