Iron Dreams

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Resting

I'm midway through my planned two weeks off from exercise. I did run on Saturday, but took it easy.

I can tell my resting phase is going well because I'm a little sore today. How am I sore? Well, I played volleyball with my A&E league team yesterday, for the first time in nearly two months. Between the end of the summer season and me missing the first two weeks of the fall season, I hadn't touched a volleyball in a while.

Now, my left quadricep is noticably tender. I find it odd my soreness is confined to that area. It tells me that perhaps I am jumping or landing on my left leg too much. So, like many other things, my technique could improve.

As my training advances, I'll start taking it more and more easy while playing, so as to not risk injury. I do have a great time playing, but I don't want to do something stupid, get injured, and lose time training for the ironman.

A friend G came to visit and help me celebrate my birthday. Today was all about low-impact exercise: a nice walk at Discovery Park, an easy geocache, and meandering through downtown Kirkland. So I wasn't a complete slug, other than the fact I took the day off to enjoy myself and spend some time with G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home