Iron Dreams

Monday, October 11, 2004

Upcoming Events

A few other events are coming into focus already:

  • Dawg Dash, Oct 24

    This is a fun race and a group of us will do the 5K. T2 and T1 will be there!

  • Houston half mary, Jan 16

    My friend Bev already bought airline tickets for her and her family to go. I plan to go as well, and it will be a reunion weekend, so to speak. We'll visit a few friends who are in the area, and do the half. Bev originally wanted to do the full mary, but after feeling wiped out by the Sacramento half, and realistically assessing the time she can put into training, she now wants to do the half. Last I heard at least.

    I was originally interested in doing the full, but now I think it would be a huge mistake. The taper and recovery for a full marathon would really take a chunk of time out of my training. I would be better off spending extra time on the bike rather than gearing up for a marathon.

  • Chilly Hilly, Feb 27

    A bike ride run by Cascade Bicycle Club. 30 or so miles of good hills. I may see if there is interest in doing the course again sometime in March, on our own, just for the extra bike training.

  • Vancouver half mary, May 1

    My friend C from work signed up, and forwarded me the info. I think C would also like to have me do it as well. It would be fun. I checked out the course, it starts at the Plaza of Nations, and does a loop around downtown, Stanley Park, the seawall, and back to the Plaza of Nations. This will be very scenic.

  • 1 Comments:

    • You are the half marathon king!! The Vancover Half sounds really pretty. And who doesn't like spending a weekend in Canada, eh?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home