Iron Dreams

Monday, October 18, 2004

Group Trainer Ride

JHS called T2 this morning and cancelled the bike ride, since it was pouring rain.

Instead of riding outside with T2 and JHS, T2 and I scheduled a trainer ride at T2's in the afternoon. I packed up my bike and trainer, drove over to T2's, and setup there. We had a nice 50 minute spin on our bikes, while watching Ironman Austria and ITU Honolulu coverage T2 had saved on TiVo.

T2 looked at my aero form, and noted I appeared stretched out, and that my forearms need to come back a few inches for me to get the 90 degree shoulder angle. T2's form looked great - 90 degree hip angle and shoulder angle, and T2 only has road geometry bikes! I stayed in aero form for approximately 5 minutes before sitting up a bit for the rest of the time.

I had to squirm a bit due to a bit of butt numbness... after getting fit for my bike, my next priority will be to find a comfy saddle. Something a little wider as my hip bones seem to bear most of my weight.

Overall, the spinning went well, and it did feel pretty good to get started. Moreover, T2 and I helped motivate each other to get in a workout on a rainy day, something we'll likely need to repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home