Iron Dreams

Friday, October 15, 2004

Hotel Reservation

I finally got around to making my hotel reservation.

First I tried the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. I travel every once in a while for business and Marriott is the preferred hotel for my employer. Thus, I picked them as next time I travel for work I'll sign up for their frequent customer program. Since a work trip generally means two weeks in a hotel, I could rack up some points through work and get a few on this trip.

However, the Fairfield Inn in CdA is already completely booked for Ironman CdA weekend!!

So, I called up the Best Western in CdA. I signed up for the frequent customer card with Best Western over the summer, as I wound up staying at a Best Western for my two out-of-town tris over the summer. The Best Western had some availability, with a restriction of 5 night stay minimum at $149 a night.

Yes, that's right. I already knew about this from reading various reports on TNO. It is steep, but then you have to stay somewhere, and this location is about 2 miles from the event.

I reserved a double room from Thursday June 23rd to Tuesday June 28th, for a grand total of $845.60. The first night is a non-refundable deposit of $169.12, which had to be paid now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home