Iron Dreams

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Winter Bike Training Program

After T2 and I worked out on Sunday, we watched a few minutes of Spinervals DVD's. These DVD's are meant for indoor bike training, and since we are likely to spend at least half our time indoors this winter, and I heard these DVD's were pretty good, I decided to try two of them.

I bought "No Slackers Allowed" and "Sweating Buckets". The workouts looked okay - it is hard to really form an opinion from just watching and not following along. What we saw was Coach Troy moving to various athletes, yelling encouragement and training instructions, all set to some cheesy music.

I told T2 I saw an online indoor bike training program put together by another triathlete who frequents TriNewbies Online. This program is now located here. Just click on "Intervals". There are a total of 50 workouts, which is around 4 months of material if you do 3 workouts each week with no repeats.

So that is another option, print out the programs and follow along while we train on our own, or train together while watching a movie or something.

2 Comments:

  • Well our music sure would be better!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 AM  

  • Bike gearing is a blog topic I am planning to write on... my angle was going to be bike gearing and climbing. Anyway, we'll fill you in!

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home