Iron Dreams

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Run 12/12

I did the Jingle Bell 5K in about 32 minutes.

During the run, I found JHS and E. They mentioned meeting for breakfast, which sounded great so I agreed. After breakfast, we were all talking about ironman. E did IMCdA so I asked a few questions, particularly about when E started to train, and E helpfully said and mentioned various interim events E did on the way. JHS asked if I had signed up for an ironman for next year. I managed to deflect the question, explaining I tried to sign up for IMC but didn't win a lottery spot. Which is true... but not the whole truth!

As I was driving to drop JHS off near JHS's car, I fessed up, and told JHS I was in fact signed up for an ironman - not IMC (like E is this year), but IMCdA.

NOTE: I didn't tell JHS about any blogs or that anybody is signed up for IMAZ.

JHS was supportive and asked if I just wasn't mentally ready to commit to the IMCdA since I hadn't told anybody - a big thing for JHS was to tell everybody and then have that motivation. I said that training quietly and then not doing it, if it doesn't work out, sounded better. ;)

Anyway, JHS knows I'm signed up for IMCdA, and it will be fine. I might even tell E if I get E's email address, and probably try to pick E's brain a little bit more.

JHS, E, T2, T1, all of us, are about the same abilities and have the same goals - FINISH. Well, E did one already, so we can all admire E's accomplishment.

1 Comments:

  • Sorry we missed you for the run. I guess there were just too many reindeer in the crowd to find little ol' me. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home