Iron Dreams

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Run 2/13

Today I will miss the Valentine's Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10K, 5K, 1 mile running event - the director Bob Green likes to pack as many events into a day as possible! This event is outside Olympia in Millersylvania park, where I've done a half mary and a sprint duathlon, so I know the course - it has rolling hills, and the half is an out-and-back. My friends EN will run the half mary, JHS will run the full mary, and T2 will be an enthusiastic supporter - perhaps T2 will bring along a bike and pace everybody! ;) A fun time indeed, if the weather is decent.

I registered for the half and since I'm out of town, I ran along a path near work in Heathrow, FL instead. I did a leisurely 4.4 miles in 43 minutes. I was also wildly overdressed - long sleeved shirt and tights. I was able to roll up my sleeves, but shorts would have felt much nicer.

Still, it was really nice weather, almost a little too warm - something I might need to get used to - for a mid-February run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home