Iron Dreams

Friday, March 11, 2005

Bike 3/11

I planned on a longer ride, but wasn't able to leave early enough. I was hoping to try out some gels, but I ate a big lunch and felt stuffed as I started the ride, so I just drank water.

I rode from home to Hollywood Hill, then back to 520 and climbed Old Redmond Road. It was 21 miles in 1:31. For the first time in a long time on the bike, I took my heart rate, just to see if I slack. ;)


heart rate 050311

(The sudden dips in heart rate correspond to traffic stops.)

I think I do OK pushing myself while climbing a hill, but I do kinda ease off on the flats. This gets into training issues - pushing yourself in training to improve. Right now I'm primarily concerned with just getting the endurance to finish the event.

Here is the TOPO version of the route:


bike 050311


It appears my HRM's altitude sensor is quite accurate (except for the initial offset). I am getting a low battery warning, so I need to take it in for a replacement battery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home