Iron Dreams

Friday, April 01, 2005

Bike 3/31

I changed my bike tire, which went pretty quickly. Maybe I'm getting better at doing this. Afterwards, I examined the inner tube, expecting to find a blow out along a seam - as though I inflated the tire too high or cranked it onto the trainer to hard. But no, the leak was a pinpoint puncture, which I wasn't expecting.

Anyway, I had to recalibrate the CompuTrainer, so I followed the manual and rode for 5 minutes at 150 Watts. I was in the 39x15 and had a tough time keeping a cadence of 70. After calibration, I lowered the resistance to 70 Watts and spun along in the low 80's for 40 minutes while watching Medium. Speed hovered above 16 mph and eventually a little higher as I increased my cadence. After this I did another 40 minutes, bumping up to 80 Watts, while watching Alias.

1 Comments:

  • Interesting... the manual says "blah blah warm up the unit, ideally by 5 to 10 minutes at 150 Watts or higher". Maybe I should double check that. ;)

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home