Iron Dreams

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bike 4/19

I took advantage of some great weather to try out my race bike, with the new handlebars and aerobars. I rode 28.3 miles in 1:54, along the SRT and then the 520 hill route home.

The nice part was being able to actually ride in the aero position for long periods of time! I'm pretty excited about these changes, because riding comfortably in the aero position is critical - from resting hands/arms to lowered wind resistance.

Race Bike

Check out the Syntace bars and clip-on aero bars!

This is more comfortable than the Cinelli Angels, because the new system is basically up and back towards me several inches. I'm a bit open, at a 105 degree hip angle (ideally it would be 90 degrees), but as I get comfortable I can have the spacers removed on the head tube and grow or stretch into a more aero position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home