Iron Dreams

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Bike 4/2


  • Part 1

    I met T2 and SO at T2's house, and we geared up for a cool and possibly rainy ride. About a quarter mile out, T2's rear tire went flat so T2 fixed it up with some CO2. Since we were so close to T2's, we went back to get more CO2 canisters. I took the opportunity to get my booties since I could tell my toes would get cold otherwise. For the duration of the ride, we were blessed with good weather (i.e. it didn't rain on us).

    Sometimes a group bike ride can feel like a solo bike ride. This is nobody's fault of course - when riding in the street it is best to go single file. That plus the fact it was windy, which makes it hard for me to hear, means I wasn't very conversational during the ride itself. Oh well, maybe next year I'll buy some headsets like the pros have. ;)

    Still, it was fun and nice to get outside - I have been inside on the trainer for quite a while, and will probably be inside on the trainer for several more days since the forecast looks a bit rainy.

    Total ride was 23 miles in 1:28.

  • Part 2

    52 minutes in the 39x15 at 80 Watts, keeping cadence above 85 for a speed around 17.5 mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home