Iron Dreams

Monday, June 27, 2005

IM Coeur D'Alene

Read all about it.

Here is my heart rate data - you can see it is quite jagged from various rest breaks I took. Overall I think I kept it near the aerobic zone.


heart rate imcda


It looks like my loop splits were approximately:

  • Swim - 43 mins/45 mins
  • Bike - 4 hours/4 hours 20 mins
  • Run - 2 hours 45 mins/3 hour 15 mins

Not exactly the ideal even or negative split! I'll dig around and look for the real data, but I'm not sure it exists for the bike or run - I don't remember crossing a timing mat at the midpoint. There were mats on the run at the turnarounds, in order to catch people who cut the course.

My heart rate during the swim was solidly an aerobic effort. It is interesting that my heart rate dips during the second loop. Coming out of the water my HR spikes up until I get into transition and change into bike clothes.

My HR during the bike was higher than I wanted through the hilly section. After climbing the steepest section the first time, I worked on keeping my heart rate lower for the remainder of the ride.

The run was so jagged because I took so many walking breaks. I felt OK (i.e. not dizzy) other than sore feet, stiff legs, and tired knees. I'm clearly walking more towards the end of the marathon.

I am amazed at how accurate (or consistent) the altitude sensor on the HRM is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home