Iron Dreams

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Balance and Flex 10/25

I tried out the wobble board while watching CSI Miami.

This is essentially a disc with a bump, and you are meant to balance on the bump. The beginning exercises involve standing, and rolling your weight back and forth, and then side to side. It was quite tricky to do without flailing my arms, but I improved in the few minutes I did it. Later I tried rolling my weight in a circular motion, which again was difficult at first.

I could feel my leg muscles working to maintain balance, which I suppose is the entire point. Another minor benefit to me is a nice stretch of my ankles and achilles tendon. Eventually I'll figure out some easy workouts with the exercise ball I have, and some easy yoga positions to work on. I would like to do 1 hour of this kind of training as often as possible, ideally every day but that is likely very optimistic. Balance, flexibility, and core strength are my home goals, while the actual strength training will occur in the gym.

Tonight I did 15 minutes on the wobble board, and then 10 minute stretching my hamstrings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home