Iron Dreams

Monday, April 04, 2005

Misc Bike Updates

I went to Sammamish Valley Cycles and talked to CP for a bit.

  • Trainer flats
    She suggests examining the tube for the puncture. She suspects either a spoke is poking through, or perhaps something I picked up last time the bike was outside, has finally worked its way through the tire. If I can't find anything I'll try buying a new tire - maybe all the rides on the trainer has flattened/cracked it and it is now rubbing. Or perhaps patching will work well - the extra padding should help resist future punctures.

  • New Saddle
    I bought the Specialized Alias saddle, which is a step-up from the Avatar which I bought for the Trek. I really like the Avatar now that I've broken it in. The Alias features memory foam, and I hope it is a comfy as it sounds. This Alias will replace the Selle San Marco Aspide TriGel saddle I currently have on the Cervelo.

  • Bike Fit
    I have an appointment next Wednesday for a bike fit. I explained to CP that my previous bike fit went well, but I still feel stretched out. Erik Moen moved the saddle forward but preferred changing the stem length. I am now ready to replace the handlebars/aerobars if needed, in order to get a comfy aero fit.

  • Bike
    I asked CP about her bike - she rides a Litespeed Blade, and absolutely loves it. She said the Saber would be good for me... I told her I bought my Cervelo used from somebody, and while that worked out OK, I think in the future, buying from a store is better for me, so I can mix/match components and the fit right there. I have hopes next week's bike fit will make the Cervelo a lot more comfy. CP mentioned a bike trade in service, where I could trade in my Cervelo towards a Litespeed... how evil, tempting me like that. :D

    While it is fun to think of a new bike, I know what I really need is a ginormous "motivation" pill. After so many months of thinking of IM, my mind is wandering. Spectating and volunteering at IMAZ will really inject some enthusiasm, as JHS noted.

  • Reasonably affordable (as far as non-entry level) carbon fiber bikes to drool over, plus one titanium bike


    Wow, the Felt bikes are a major bargain - they aren't much more than the cost of the Shimano components!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home