Iron Dreams

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Bike 5/4

I live near several nice hills, which make for great bike workouts. Most of them have pretty wide shoulders or even a bike lane. So this afternoon, I set out to string several of them together in a "minor hill masochist" ride.

I did 23 miles in 1:38. I took my Trek, since it has a triple chainring. As it turned out, I didn't use it... but then I left off the toughest hill for another time.




In the elevation profile, the hills are:

  • descent from my house along 124th Ave to the Sammamish Valley
  • 60 acres hill (1st small bump)
  • 124th Ave West, and then Slater Ave (2nd bump)
  • Hollywood Hill (big bump before the flat spot)
  • 520/Old Redmond Road/132nd Ave


The hills I didn't have time for today are 124th Ave East followed by 104th St. 104th St, rising up from Avondale Ave, is an average 12% grade, reaching 15% in some spots. I'll be taking the Trek for its triple chainring because I know I will need it for that slope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home