Iron Dreams

Friday, April 29, 2005

JHS' post

JHS writes about the lack of time. I can totally sympathize; in my regular blog I wrote:

I don't think training for an ironman is that hard, ASSUMING you have realistic expectations, and possess basic triathlon (swim/bike/run) skills. What is proving difficult is finding the time for it all. As the adage goes "90% of ironman training is just showing up every day. The rest are details." Pushing yourself, avoiding injury, resting, and doing it again the next day... this is the hard part. Every day it is a struggle to find the time to train.


That's just the way it is. Right now, I'm not feeling too burned out, despite my upcoming move and associated hassles. But I know that after this, I am very likely to stick to a maximum of the half-iron distance.

I see a half-iron as 99% of the fitness benefits and 99% of the fun, at only 50% of the time training. Heck, since injury likelihood while training for an iron is much higher, perhaps the half-iron is actually > 100% of the fitness benefit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home