Iron Dreams

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Bike 4/23

Today's goal was to ride 80 miles, and I'm pretty sure I did 84 in 5:25. I'm not sure because my bike computer conked out 47 seconds into my ride, so I picked up my Forerunner after my initial out-and-back and used it. But sometimes I would forget to start and stop it. The distance and time sounds about right - this ride was flatter compared to the other long ride I did with T2 and RG. Plus, I now have a better nutrition plan and wasn't beat halfway through.

Speaking of nutrition, I want to try some e-gel. A recent issue of Inside Triathlon covered gels and the fact that only e-gel contains electolytes. e-gel also has no caffiene. For today I packed Gu and some sports drinks. T2 said she didn't get enough salt on the bike, so that is something for me to watch. Anyway, my nutrition today was fine - I didn't feel tired, just sore from riding for that long (sore neck and lower back).

I picked a loopy course where the benefit was I could ride with some friends, but not force anybody into doing the same distance I did. So it was great to ride with CB, T1, T2, and MM for various segments.

CB and her snazzy Jamba Juice jersey.


T1 and MM.


Are those aerobars on the unicycle?


Along the way we passed a unicycle club out riding on the SRT. The unicycle tire look like it is at least 50% bigger than a road bike tire. I'm sure it is quite a core workout just to balance on those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home