Iron Dreams

Monday, June 06, 2005

Pedal Fitting

Every once in a while after a ride on my race bike, my left knee is a sore. Just a little bit. I felt fine after the Hills of Kirkland Century ride, but on the drive home from Blue Lake, I could feel just a slight twinge on the top on my left knee and on the outside. Today it is gone.

When it happens, I try to think of what might have caused it. I think getting off the bike for a few minutes and stretching helps, which is why I was fine after the Hills of Kirkland Century. Naturally, I didn't do this at Blue Lake.

Anyway, instead of guessing, I setup a pedal fit at Sammamish Valley Cycles, for June 8th. I am hoping they'll discover my left cleat or left pedal needs just a touch of adjustment, and thus explain this. I can see why people really like Speedplay pedals, because they offer a nice amount of float. I'd consider getting Speedplays for next season - getting them now for IMCdA wouldn't be too wise. Much better to adjust the current system I have (Shimano) and then make big changes in the off-season.

If nothing is found, I should be OK for IMCdA anyway, because I know I'll hop off the bike every hour or so, to hit a restroom and briefly stretch. This strategy worked at the Hills of Kirkland and as I mentioned, I felt fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home