Iron Dreams

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Rest 6/3

I have the rest thing down cold. ;)

I let a few things slide a little too long, but I should have time tomorrow to make a few quick purchases before driving down to Oregon for Blue Lake.

First, I forgot to pick up speed laces. I can grab those tomorrow and put them on at the hotel.

Second, I got around to building up my race wheels. I only have long stemmed inner tubes, and I think the short or normal stemmed ones will work better. Due to the shape of my wheels (HED 3), there isn't much room for a pump to fit with the long stem. In fact, my floor pump won't fit because there isn't room, no matter whether the inner tube is long or short stemmed. Right now, the only pump that comes close is a hand pump, and even still, it isn't a good fit. I may need to look into CO2 cartridges to inflate the tires. I'll swing by the bike store and see what is available - perhaps a CO2 inflater is small enough to fit with the long stemmed inner tubes and then I won't have to change that out.

I'm hoping to use these wheels at Blue Lake, but if I can't, it won't be a tragedy. Still, it would be nice to try them out for a little bit tomorrow before the event. If I can't get it going, I'll definitely have it ready by Cascades Edge, which in turn is plenty of time to try out these wheels before IMCdA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home